Blue Myst Media
Blue Myst Media is an independent production company that uses the awesome power of film, video, branded content, television, and audio to tell stories across a variety of platforms.
Clients engage Blue Myst Media to help them connect with their audiences, market, promote, publicize, tell, sell, inform, educate, explain, and often, entertain in vivid, memorable and effective ways.
Blue Myst Media also produces and distributes original dramatic, comedic and informational films, videos and web series.
Blue Myst Media was founded by John Fries, an experienced media professional whose experience encompasses writing, producing and directing for film, television and video and who is extremely active in producing branded video and audio content.
In 2003 he wrote and directed an original dramatic film, Blue Myst Road, that told three stories based on Pittsburgh urban legends including Blue Myst Road in North Park. The film received significant media attention, favorable response at public screenings and was recognized in the Pennsylvania Senate for its use of local settings and for casting local actors.
The film also inspired the name of the fledgling production company.
John has an extensive background in communications and media. He has led the communications departments at several prominent organizations and worked on creative initiatives and campaigns for dozens of clients, from major corporations to small businesses and nonprofits.
An award-winning digital team leader and prolific writer across all media, John has been building brands, engaging audiences, telling compelling stories, and delivering results for more than three decades
John Fries' credits include:
- Writing and directing Blue Myst Road
- Creating several web series
- Producing an informational online video series for a prominent business author to accompany the launch of her new book
- Writing and directing a short film that launched a successful $18 million capital campaign for a major, faith-based nonprofit
- Establishing a branded online video channel and producing content for a rebranded professional arts organization
- Co-producing more than 100 installments of a weekly television talk show that continues to air in reruns
- Producing dozens of videos to help a Kansas City medical organization engage and communicate with its worldwide audience
- Creating several, widely viewed film-style teasers to help a Pittsburgh theater organization engage its audiences and promote ticket sales
- Writing, directing and packaging a number of featurettes
- Producing a film in which a Holocaust survivor tells her unique story
- Producing videos to help a major museum provide behind-the-scenes perspectives to its audience
- Creating and producing several podcasts
- Hosting a cable television rock music video program and interviewing a number of then-A-list performers and bands including Cheap Trick, Heart, Kansas, Ted Nugent, The Clash, Santana, Steppenwolf, Greg Kihn, and others